July 11, 2020 General Membership Meeting Minutes – Virtual Meeting

Meeting Minutes July 11, 2020 General Membership Meeting Minutes – Virtual Meeting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Galland
    Participant

Ron Kearns called the meeting to order at 10:00am

There were 26 participants

Dennis Simpson read the Santa Claus oath

Ron introduced John LoPorto and Mike T. who gave a presentation on Talk to Santa.

Ron talked about the cancellation of the annual conference at the Great Wolf Lodge. We have booked for 2021.

Ron shared that we have worked out a possible virtual workshop presentation with John Chilson.

Participation would be $25, and include a copy of John’s book.

After discussion a poll was taken to see how many would attend. Poll results were favorable with 23 yes and 1 no.

The board will work out the details and have registration forms available soon.

Discussion on holding our annual picnic in-person

Poll on catered Picnic August 1st. at 11:00am, need minimum 20 paid attendees

Poll results: 12 not attending

2 individuals attending

9 couples attending

Minimum met, will have the meeting and contact the caterer.

Jerry Nebel gave a great presentation on the 6 things that are key to Santa’s success to strengthen his incredible Santa Organization.

Meeting ended at 11:20

Chat contents for meeting:

Transcript of Chat

10:00:04       From  Dan Burke : I use a whitening rinse as well as the blue shampoo

10:31:26       From  Randy and Marsha : Are there specific lighting requirements?

10:35:09       From  Randy and Marsha : So does Amazon differ greatly from Zoom?

10:41:25       From  David Hardwick : Sounds like fun, but the Zoom fatigue for a schedule like that could be significant.

10:41:57       From  Jerry Nebel : Agree David

10:42:19       From  Mark DeMonbrun : But you could pick and choose which sessions you like to attend

10:42:35       From  David Hardwick : That sounds better.

10:42:44       From  DanB : I’m in

10:43:06       From  Randy and Marsha : I’d be up for that!

10:43:16       From  David Hardwick : The dates?

10:44:11       From  Marshall Dunston : I’ll only come on the Saturday since I won’t take a vacation day for a video conference!

10:44:39       From  Russell Albright : https://societyofsanta.org/john-chilson

10:44:51       From  Jerry Nebel : We can also promote world wide and have a LARGE attendance. Santa’s are always looking for this type of opportunity.

10:45:34       From  Russell Albright : Polling results for Virtual Conference:

Yes (23) 96%

No (1) 4%

10:46:59       From  David Hardwick : How soon and how do you want the funds?

10:49:45       From  davem : what will the picnic date be?

10:50:40       From  Russell Albright : August 1st 11am

10:56:01       From  Russell Albright : Poll results for Picnic at Ernie’s

Will not be attending: (12) – 52%

1 Person (2) – 9%

2 Persons (9) – 39%

Minimum 20 person has been met.

11:08:50       From  Tami McKinley : I don’t see any documents in the chat

11:09:01       From  David Hardwick : me either

11:09:05       From  Santa Gene : should be at the top

11:09:07       From  Russell Albright : It is at the beginning of the chat

11:09:18       From  Russell Albright : But if you don’t see it, it will be included in the minutes

11:09:22       From  Gary & Bob : probably NORPACchat

11:09:27       From  Tami McKinley : I just logged on so maybe that’s why I don’t see it

11:09:34       From  David Hardwick : It probably was before I joined

11:11:31       From  Tami McKinley : That is helpful for saving the chat but since I  logged on later the chat starts from when I was able to log on

11:12:33       From  Chuck Parrish : chuckparrish2009@gmail.com

11:13:04       From  Jerry Nebel : Lone Star have been doing them for awhile now. Alumni of Robert’s Christmas Performer Workshops have been doing learning sessions.

11:14:25       From  David Hardwick : I think you just posted to me privately Chuck. 🙂

11:16:10       From  David Hardwick : looks like virtual money Jerry

Contribution from Chuck Parrish on information shared that did not show up in the chat. Click on link to open file

Zoom OSB Logitech information

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘Meeting Minutes’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Meeting Minutes July 11, 2020 General Membership Meeting Minutes – Virtual Meeting

Comments are Closed