Executive Board Meeting April 1, 2017

Meeting Minutes Executive Board Meeting April 1, 2017

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #1554
    Russell Albright

      Executive Committee

      The Executive Committee met at 11:00 AM. Present were Santas Randy Cook, Jerry Galland, Dennis Gorley, Ron Kearns, Gene Sanders, Dale Scott, Dennis Simpson, and Trever Waltos.

      8th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop. Trever opened the meeting and explained that he’d called the meeting primarily for the purpose of reviewing the proposed contract received from the Great Wolf Lodge relative to the NORPAC conference to be held there on Nov. 2-4, 2017. There were no concerns or suggestions relative to the contract and it was agreed that Trever would go ahead and sign the contract. Trever and Dennis G. will be the NORPAC contacts with the GWL.
      Ron reminded us that we’d agreed to give “Certificates of Completion” to those attending the conference this year. Dennis G. will work up a sample certificate for our consideration. Ron said that it would be appropriate for the NORPAC co-chairs and secretary to sign the certificates. Dennis G. will also be working on a proposed cost for this year’s conference registration.
      Jerry volunteered to put together a flyer to help publicize the conference and to advertise that several of the presentations will be given by Santa Robert Sutter (aka “Santa True”). The intent is that this flyer can be attached to NORPAC’s various mailings between now and November.

      “Chapter Charter” Certificate. Trever shared the official Chapter Charter certificate we’ve received from the International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas. This certificate formally recognizes NORPAC Santas as a chapter of IBRBS.

      Elections. Dennis S. reminded the Board that next February we’ll need to conduct elections to select those who will serve on NORPAC’s Exec. Committee. An Elections Committee Chair will need to be appointed and (per our NORPAC by-laws), nominations can be submitted to that individual on or before Jan. 15th.

      Scott Schmittler. Trever reminded us that the memorial service for Scott will be held on April 29th at noon at the Abundant Life Foursquare Church in Bremerton. Scott passed away in February. We agreed that Dennis G. will contact Cassie Schmittler and offer to refund the money Scott paid in February for his 2017 NORPAC dues, and for two tickets he purchased for the Rainiers baseball game in July.

      Charity Support. Brief discussion occurred centered on the fact that our treasury seems healthy and we would like to pursue contributing in some way to an appropriate charity.
      2020 IBRBS Conference. Dennis S. brought up that he has been contacted a couple times about the possibility of NORPAC hosting the national 2020 IBRBS conference in Seattle. Most of the discussion centered on how much work and commitment this would entail. Will discuss with the general membership.

      Executive Committee meeting adjourned at 11:45 AM.

    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘Meeting Minutes’ is closed to new topics and replies.

    Meeting Minutes Executive Board Meeting April 1, 2017

    Comments are Closed