Bleaching and dying a beard

Message Boards Hair Care Bleaching and dying a beard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sean Mayo
    Participant

Does anyone know of any type of stylist in the local area Seattle or Tacoma that can bleach a beard? Do you have experience with them? Do you have recommendations? I would love to find out about them.

Thank you so much.

Sean.

Dan Munro
      Participant

By coincidence, bleaching and toning is how I spent part of my day, getting ready for a photoshoot next week.   I looked around a few years ago but found a few folks who offered beard bleaching, and the ones I found were quite spendy.  Although I never called Super Cuts.

Decided it was going to be cheaper and easier for me to learn to do it myself.  Glad I did.

Today I got rid of the salt-n-pepper with SALLY HANSEN BLEACH CREAM FOR FACE AND BODY.  It is actually peroxide and I really found it simple once I stopped overthinking it.  Beards are tough. I will re-bleach the same day if I am not happy with the results.

When that was done and my beard dry, I applied MANIC PANIC VIRGIN SNOW WHITE TONER.  Again, this is simple to apply, but I overdid it the first few times leaving it on too long and my beard turned to a grey/blue…. washed out in about a week.  Toner is essentially a bluing agent that remains behind in the hairs causing white light to be refracted. For me, the magic number is 30 minutes, and I don’t look like the blue-haired old gals at the Country Club.  But it does need to be repeated periodically during the season for me.

The toner is the trickiest part but easy to figure out, even for a man.  Recommend experimenting on a small patch so you can see what it actually does.

HOWEVER, if you do find someone who does beard whitening, I suspect we would all like to know about them.

CHEERS!

Santa Danta

Russell Albright II
        Participant

I have looked for people to do this off-and-on over the past few
          years. After several years of figuring out the appropriate
          products to use that work for me (and more than a few times
          melting my hair off), I found Trionics worked best for my head.
          Didn’t have the HORRIBLE smell of the other products and didn’t
          burn my skin. It is relatively easy to apply, have your Mrs. help
          paint your head with it for even coating. We can talk during the
          picnic if you are going to be there.

Santa Russell
          Cecil Boyd
          Participant

Hello Santa’s! I have a lot of experience with having my beard bleached. I have worked with the same stylist for the last 4 years and she has perfected the process. Here is the before, during and after. I get this done Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I do a touch up 2 1/2 weeks later to take care of any grow out. Please see my stylist contact information at the bottom of the email.

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg
            You can email Hailey – hailbeautyxo@gmail.com

Or call/ Text her at +1 (253) 324-9484Tell Hailey, Santa Cecil sent you and you will get a $25 discount.

Make it a great day! Cecil Boyd
            Nick Wancowicz
            Participant

Santa Cecil, can you please try sending the photos again? For some reason I’m not able to view them.

Santa Nick

Cecil Boyd
              Participant

I hope these come through… is not let me know.

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Nick Wancowicz
                Participant

Unfortunately they didn’t. I guess we can talk at the picnic, if you are going to be there.

Cecil Boyd
                  Participant

Do you have a personal email I can send them too

Nick Wancowicz
                    Participant
                      Nick Wancowicz
                      Participant

Or you can send them to me via text message. 360-908-2965

Russell Albright II
                        Participant

Gentlemen:

I am terribly sorry but the message board’s reply by email
                          feature does not allow for images to be added. Also on the website
                          the message board does not allow for you to upload photos into it,
                          but you can link to photos that you have stored online through
                          other online media by using the website.

Santa Russell
                          Russell Albright
                          Keymaster
                            please remove this email
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Message Boards Hair Care Bleaching and dying a beard